At Abberly Crest, we love our pets, but we also know, the expenses they incur can add up.
Just sticking to pet care basics: you take your pet to the vet, get them neutered or spayed, get all of the shots they need, feed them quality food, and love them unconditionally, they are still expensive.
According to American Pet Products (APPA) you will spend about $1,356 a year to take care of a dog and about $1,221 a year to have a cat.
As pet friendly apartments in Lexington Park, MD, we thought we would offer some ideas on saving on pet expenses. Here are some ways you can cut the cost of having a pet.
- Clip coupons for pet products whenever you see them and stock up on your preferred pet food whenever there is a sale.
- Ask your local animal shelter about low cost spay and neuter options.
- Take advantage of low cost clinics! The area Humane Society and many pet supply stores often host low cost clinics offering vaccines.
- Groom midweek. Friday through Monday is the busiest time at pet salons. Many charge 20% percent less for midweek appointments.
- Don’t by balls for fetch! Go to a tennis court and collect abandoned tennis balls.
- Skip the pink tutus and sports jerseys! Your pets don’t need to wear them!
Ask other pet owners how they save on pet expenses. If you have any great ideas, share them with us.